A fire escape chute is a type of emergency exit device that allows people to safely evacuate a building in the event of a fire. It is an important part of a fire safety plan and is applicable in any space that needs a fast Descent to the ground.
As stated in Hindustan Times- According to Mumbai Fire Brigade data, of the 324 fires reported in the city's high-rise buildings between January 2020 and October 2021, 127 buildings, or 39.2%, did not have an operational firefighting system. It becomes difficult to save lives when you do not have an alternative plan of exit, in case of emergencies like these.
It becomes difficult to save lives when you do not have an alternative plan of exit, in case of emergencies like these.
This is where fire escape chutes can come to rescue and save lives.
The chute consists of a long narrow tube, made up of a fire-resistant material that is installed on the Window of the floor of the building. When activated the chute unfolds and provides a safe, quick way for people to slide down Spirally to the ground level and escape.
Benefits & Purpose of Fire Escape Chute
The purpose of a fire escape chute is to provide a safe and efficient means of evacuation for occupants of a building in the event of a fire. The chute typically leads to an exit or an area that is safe from the fire.
The chute also has the following benefits:
- They are easy to use and can be installed in most buildings as a retrofit to an existing building or can be planned in a new site in the floor plan itself
- They are installed at a location that is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
- They can also be used when there is a power outage in case of an emergency.
– They are located inside a building. typically installed away from the stairwells of a building.
– They are accessible by people inside the building and can be deployed quickly in an emergency.
– They are stores safely protected against rodents, dust etc
– They are designed to safely carry people down to the ground level in case of an emergency
– They are long-lasting and can be used repeatedly.
– They are deployed outside a building installed near the window in a box
– They can be accessed by people both inside the building and can easily be deployed in a matter of seconds.
– They have a large load bearing capacity to ensure everyone can evacuate safely in both emergency situations.
– They are made from durable materials that can withstand harsh weather conditions and multiple uses.
Structure and System of the chute -
The chute is typically installed near the window/ balcony/Terrace and consists of a series of interconnected fabric panels that form a sliding surface. When deployed, the chute allows occupants to slide spirally safely to the ground below.
The chute is typically made of fire-resistant materials and is equipped with a release mechanism that can be activated in the event of an emergency. It is typically equipped with a safety hardware that can be used to secure the chute to the building.
The escape chute is a vital piece of rescue equipment that can mean the difference between life and death in the event of an emergency. When choosing an escape chute, it is important to select a model that is appropriate for the height of the building and the number of occupants.
How to use a fire escape chute?
First, locate the chute and make sure it is clear of any debris.
Next, open the chute.
Then, lean forward and step into the chute.
Ensure a smooth slide without any panic.
Finally, descend the chute carefully and exit the building as soon as possible.
When seconds count, a fire escape chute can be a lifesaver. By having a chute installed, you can help ensure that everyone in the building has a safe and efficient way to escape if you are in a burning building or in an emergency. It can be used by people of all ages and abilities such as Handicap/Pregnant ladies/Children.
Q: How long does it take to deploy the escape chute?
A: The chute can be deployed in a matter of 30-60 seconds, in an emergency.
Q: How many people can use the escape chute at once?
A: The chute is designed for use by multiple people at once. It can accommodate up to people at a time. Chute can take a load of 3400kg 0061t moreover one.
Q: Is the escape chute safe to use?
A: The chute is made of high-quality fire-resistant materials and is designed to be used in an emergency. It is also regularly inspected and maintained to ensure its safety.
Q: How can I install a Fire Escape Chute?
A: If you are looking to install an emergency fire escape chute in a commercial setting, there are a few things you will need to do in order to make sure the process goes smoothly:
– First, you will need to develop an evacuation plan that details where the escape chute will be installed and how it will be used in the event of a fire.
– You will need to submit your typical floor plan / sector drawing.
Q: Who should I contact if I have questions about the chute or want to buy a escape chute?
A: Write to us at email@example.com our sales team will guide you through the entire process.
Final words –
Escape chutes are a vital safety feature of high-rise buildings /Industrial Projects And can mean the difference between life and death in an emergency situation.
For More Information about the Escape Chute, or if you have an Interest in Buying a Chute?
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can direct call us on +91 22 4065 5555