Emergency Escape Chute Evacuation System
- AXEL THOMS
Instant evacuation of people out of high-rise constructions
Why to have Escape Chute?
Today, when the buildings have become taller and higher, our rescue for safety in case of emergencies like an abrupt fire, becomes all the more unapproachable and difficult, the elevator does not work and the stairwell is full of smoke – that is when you are trapped. It is really scary to vacate an edifice via an overcrowded staircase when there is a fire. A chute is undoubtedly, a better option as not much of mechanical assistance or electricity is required for its functioning. Acts as a secret hide-out escape route during terrorist attacks or as an escaping tool during natural calamities like earthquake or fire.
The place we live/work in, is a pride for the members of the premises and the last thing that you would want for them, is to be victims of an unfortunate fire tragedy or other emergencies due to non- availability of sufficient escape exits, blocked staircases and lift shutoffs.
Keeping the above in mind, we at Saurya would like to present Emergency Escape Chutes technology by Axel Thoms Germany which would be an ideal solution in the event of a fire, where it efficiently brings occupants safely to the ground in the first few minutes giving your people the confidence, that they will have an avenue to escape in these dire circumstances.
Benefits of the system:
- Rapid and safe evacuation
- Possible evacuation of more than 15 people per minute
- Equally suitable for handicapped, unconscious people, infants and pregnant ladies
- Height of 100 meters and more is possible in a single chute
- Confirms a controlled, stable and smooth sliding process
- All escape chutes over 15 m are equipped with a ground anchor to resist wind movement
- The Escape Chute is delivered with a 15-year guarantee based on annual maintenance
- It requires a small installation area
- It is permanent and compact
- Has a smooth sliding
- Visual cover
- Guaranteed to bear high load
- Secure load distribution
- The weight of chute is approx. 1.4 Kg per meter
- It has a strong and robust fabric
- It’s powerful against the wind
- Office Towers, Hospitals, Schools, Kindergartens, Public Spaces
- Old Historical Buildings and Private Homes/Properties
- Department Stores, Tower Constructions
- Oil Rigs, Gas, Nuclear, Public and Private sectors
Making of the Escape Chutes:
The escape chute consists of either two or three layers:
- The First Layer is an internal spiral sliding layer controls reduction of speed. It is designed in a spiral form to allow a controlled descend
- The second layer is made for bearing load; The weight load is supported by 5 independent belts. Each individual belt has a load capacity of minimum 2.900 kg (breaking load), maximum 3.400 kg, hence load capacity is of 14 tons. Alternatively, for very light and small descent, it can be supported by one belt for economy purpose
- The third layer is an outside layer made for Oil & Gas industries to control the heat, as an outer protective layer is heat and flame resistant up to 800°C
Both inner and outer layer are German made special constructions purposed for the use in our Escape Chute to ensure high stability and durability. The fabrics are compliant to standards DIN 4102 (B1) and DIN 5510-2 which certify that they are water repellent, UV-resistant and flame retardant.
How it works:
- Emergency escape vertical chutes with an internal spiral slide offer safe descent i.e. 2 meters/sec, without any injury at a consistent speed without any external assistance.
- It is an easy to operate system, with no prior training to be given. People may have doubts before jumping in, but once you attempt and try it, you realise how easy it is.
Single/Multi-Entry chute system:
- A single-entry chute: This allows the emigrants to enter at the beginning and exit at the end of the chute.
- The multi-entry system: This allows emigrants to join the chute at various levels at multiple entry points within a building and has a single exit point.
These systems could be used more widely. A building with this installed would make a high-rise more appealing for people to live in.
The future is having these chutes as part of the building construction and incorporated like an elevator.